prep time 15 minutes, baking time 35 minutes, serves 6 people
This Almond cake is gluten free, sugar free, flour free and keto friendly desert. This cake perfect with a cup of tea, this fine textured cake is so flavorful with a touch of crunch on top. Good option to have a dessert for people with Diabetes.
- 2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup Stevia ( you can replace with sugar if you do not have restrictions)
- 4 eggs
- 50g butter or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup sliced almond
- 1 tbsp powder sugar to dust the cake (optional)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- berries ( optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/180C
- In the bowl mix almond flour, salt, baking powder.
- Separate egg yolks from whites.
- Whisk the yolks ,add butter, almond flour mixture and mix well.
- In a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites on low, gradually increasing the speed to medium. When the whites begin to froth and increase in volume, slowly add the remaining 1/3 cup of Stevia. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the almond flour mixture and pour into the pan. Sprinkle the top with the almonds and bake for 30 minutes.
7.Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Release the springform pan and place the cake on a serving plate. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve.