prep time 10 minutes, cooking time 25 minutes.
Baked Zucchini fries are the ultimate side dish, snack or appetizer. Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside They have been a healthier and low carb alternative to traditional potato fries.
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 -2 eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Herbs of Provence
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp ,chopped parsley
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1 cup spicy tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 4ooF/200C
- line baking tray with parchment paper.
Cut the zucchini in half, then half again, then into quarters. You should have 16 slices per zucchini.
- Crack the egg in a small bowl or container and lightly beat it.
Add the parmesan , herbs, pepper and garlic powder to and stir to combine.
Dip the zucchini in the eggs, and then coat with the cheese mixture.
7.Arrange the zucchini in a single layer, being careful not to overcrowd them ,on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with spicy tomato sauce or with sauce of your choice