20 min prep time, 30 min cooking time, serves 6 people
This delicious stove top meal is perfect for a busy weeknight when you want something easy, yet worthy of a main course. The tender meat compliments the caramelized onions and mushrooms, adding a sweet and earthy taste to the dish. On top of all that, the combination of spices gives the potatoes its distinct yellow color and Middle Eastern flair.
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Wash and pat dry the steak. Cut it into 1/2 inch squares.
- Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil on a skillet. Add the pieces of beef and cook them for 10 minutes over medium high heat. Toss the beef around so both sides start to brown.
- Add the chopped onions, sliced mushrooms, and cook everything for another 5 minutes. Add paprika, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 of tsp pepper, and mix everything to allow it to cook for 5 more minutes on medium low heat.
- While the beef is cooking, peel and cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch wedges.
- Add 3 tbsp of olive oil in a separate skillet and fry the potato wedges for 20 minutes over medium high heat, or until they are crisp-tender. Add 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of pepper, and turmeric. Mix everything so the spices combine with the potato wedges.
- Turn off the heat and serve.