10 min prep time, 30 min baking time, serves 6 people
Cauliflower is packed with lots of fiber, essential vitamins, and antioxidants needed for a well balanced diet. In this Cauliflower Casserole recipe, we pair the healthy qualities of cauliflower with a delicious combination of cheese and eggs. Enjoy this savory and keto-friendly main dish for lunch or dinner!
- 1 small head of purple cauliflower, 1 small head yellow cauliflower ,broken into florets( you can use different color cauliflowers)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C
- Add water and a 1 tsp of salt into a saucepan, bringing the water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets and reduce the heat to medium. Cover the saucepan and let the cauliflower simmer for 10 minutes, or until it becomes tender-crisp. Drain the water.
- Brush the inside of a casserole dish with olive oil and add the cauliflower to it. Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the cauliflower
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the shredded mozzarella cheese, salt, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the cauliflower.
- Place the casserole dish in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until everything is fully cooked.
- Take the casserole dish out of the oven and garnish with chopped green onions. Serve.