prep time 15 minutes
cooking time 15 minutes
serving 8 people
This homemade Chicken Fajitas made of tender and juicy chicken breast cooked in a skillet, sliced and served with sweet onions, crisp peppers, sour cream and tortillas. So easy to make ,so delicious and will make your family and guests happy anytime.
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1 large onion (or 2 smaller ones)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp. fajita seasoning
- 8 medium tortillas
- sour cream optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Sprinkle the chicken with fajita seasoning and add the chicken to the skillet and fry 3 minutes on each side until it’s fully cooked and no longer pink, and it’s slightly charred, but not burned. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
2. Slice the onion into long strips. Slice the peppers into long 1/4 inch strips.
3. Add another tbsp of olive oil to the skillet, if needed Add the onion and cook for a couple minutes until it’s slightly translucent. Add the peppers and the remaining fajita seasoning and toss. Cook for another 3 to 5 more minutes so the peppers cook slightly, you don’t want them over cooked, they should be a bit crunchy.
4.Cut the chicken into the strips and add back to the skillet and toss with the peppers.
5. Serve over tortillas and top with sour cream , lettuce and any of your favorite toppings.