Prep time 15 minutes, baking time 40 minutes, serves 8 people
This homemade chocolate cake is one layer cake which very easy to make. It’s a delicious chocolate cake with rich chocolate flavor , creamy chocolate ganache, and toped with fresh berries
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup softened butter or vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 7 oz (200 g)semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup ( 180g) heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 tsp salt
- berries to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F/ 180 degree C
- In the large bowl sift together all dry ingredients ( flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, Salt)
- In the separate mixing bowl beat egg with sugar, add sour cream, butter or vegetable oil. Whisk until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients with egg mixture and mix well.
- Transfer batter into greased baking mold. Bake cake for 35-40 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. take out of oven let it completely cool.
- Make chocolate ganache: heat the heavy cream and pour over chocolate stirring until melted. Pour over cool cake and decorate with berries.