Prep time 15 minutes, cooking time 15 minutes, serves 4 people
Grilled Steak with Portobello mushrooms and Caramelized onions recipe is a simple recipe yet full of flavor. This keto friendly recipe easy to make , low carb, paleo and healthy dinner to serve.
- 2 lbs ribeye steak
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 lb white portabella mushrooms , sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pomegranate molasses , or steak sauce of your choice.
- Heat the grill to the high
- Wash the steaks and pat dry with paper towel. Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F)
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board or platter, tent loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes before serving
- Meanwhile, after washing or wiping the mushrooms dry them well with a paper towel.
- In the skillet cook mushrooms over medium high heat. They release a lot of moisture so in order for them to brown properly they must be cooked over fairly high heat and stirred frequently so they do not burn.
- Add olive oil and the onions to the skillet with mushrooms , starting to turn golden brown. The onions should be lightly browned on the edges and translucent. Add salt and pepper to your taste and drizzle 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Serve the steaks, topped with the caramelized onions and mushrooms.