30 min prep time, 30 min cooking time, serves 8 people
Kofta Kebabs are a popular Eastern European and Middle Eastern dish made from ground beef, veal, lamb, or a combination. Typically it is seasoned with various spices and filled with cilantro. These kebabs can be served with many different sides and salads. We recommend a side of rice and grilled vegetables, especially tomatoes.
- 2.5 lbs ground beef, lamb, or veal
- 2 large yellow onions, grated
- 2 large red onions
- 1/3 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Take a bunch of wooden skewers and place them in a bowl filled with water to soak for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef, grated yellow onion, chopped cilantro, paprika, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set it aside for a few minutes to let the flavors combine.
- Slice the red onions into a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and 1 tsp of sumac. Mix it and set it aside.
- Using the meat in the large bowl, form small kebabs and place them on the wooden skewers.
- Place the kebabs on a grill or in a broiler for about 3 minutes on each side, or until the meat has browned.
- Lay the kofta kebabs onto a serving plate and place the red onion slices seasoned with salt and sumac on the side.