15 min prep time, 30 min baking time, serves 6 people
A flavorful mushroom and spinach quiche makes for a perfect protein packed vegetarian breakfast or lunch. Easy to make with a premade pie crust, this vegetarian quiche is generously garnished with delicious veggies and a creamy, cheesy filling. This recipe is appropriate as both an appetizer or a main course depending on how hungry you are.
- 1 pack pie crust dough
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Pour the olive oil into a skillet and sauté the chopped mushrooms over medium high heat until the liquid from the mushrooms evaporate. Now add the chopped spinach and cook for 1 minute.
- Add green onions and your preferred amount of salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Line a tart pan with the pie crust dough. Place it in the preheated oven and bake for about 5 minutes, or until it turns light golden.
- Remove the tart pan and add the mushroom spinach mixture into the pie crust. Leave the oven on for the next step.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the heavy cream and mozzarella cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the mushroom filling in the crust.
- Bake the quiche for 400°F for 30 minutes, or until the filling has solidified.