Prep time 15 minutes, baking time 20 minutes
These Puff Pastry Tomato Mozzarella tarts are made easily with frozen puff pastry, garden fresh tomatoes, fresh herbs, mozzarella.
- Puff pastry dough, thawed
- Fresh mozzarella cheese ,sliced
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C
- Roll out puff pastry dough. Cut into rectangles, use a knife to slice rectangles inside of each piece, creating roughly a quarter inch perimeter.
2.Place sliced tomato and mozzarella cheese alternating with basil leaves on the dough rectangles Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Brush the edges of each puff pastry rectangle with egg wash.
4.Place the tarts on the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool the tartlets on a wire rack. Top with fresh basil