prep time 15 minutes
baking time 25 minutes
serves 8 people
Homemade Red velvet bundt cake is the perfect and easy to make cake for the holidays ,because it tastes so rich and amazing. It’s a cake that everyone loves and it looks impressive on any table for all occasions. The deep red of this easy bundt cake makes it perfect as a Valentine’s Day dessert or even a Christmas dessert!
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup butter softened (or vegetable oil)
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1.5 Tablespoons of red food coloring
- vanilla glaze:
- 1 2/3 C. powdered sugar more if needed
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 2-4 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray a bundt pan liberally with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, add eggs , sugar and whisk until beaten. Add in the vegetable oil, sour cream, vanilla, red food coloring. Whisk together until fully incorporated, set aside.
- In the other bowl add in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix briefly to combine and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until incorporated.
- Pour batter into your prepared Bundt pan. Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Place pan on top of a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While cake cools, prepare your frosting. Mix powdered sugar with butter and milk. Use more or less milk or powdered sugar to make thicker or thinner.
- Once cake is completely cool, turn pan out onto your serving dish. Pour over cooled Bundt cake (I put each glaze in a plastic bag, snipped off the corner and drizzled it on).
- Decorate with fruits and berries .