prep time 15 minutes, cooking time 30 minutes, serves 8 people
These shrimp appetizers in puff pastry cups are the perfect appetizer to serve to a crowd. Easy to assemble a crispy, buttery, flaky cup to hold the filling. The spicy shrimp with creamy cheese complements the crunch of the puff pastry.
- 1 package puff pastry dough
- 20 jumbo shrimp
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degree
- Lay thawed puff pastry on a floured surface to smooth out the creases. Cut the puff pastry into circles, using a 3″ and 2″ round cookie cuter . Pierce the center all over with a fork. Space the circles an inch apart on parchment pepper, place another 1/2 inch circle strip on top 3″ circle, brush with egg wash. Bake until evenly browned, rotating the tray once halfway through, about 10-12 minutes. Let the pastry cool before filling.
3.Salt and pepper the shrimp. To a sauté pan add the oil over medium heat, cayenne pepper and paprika . Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Let it cool.
4. Place the whipped cream cheese in pipping bag and fill out puff pastry cups.
5. Place one shrimp on top of cream cheese in the cup and sprinkle with minced green onion.
3 thoughts on “Shrimp appetizer in puff pastry cup”
I am sorry, but it’s very hard to see from your pictures or to understand from your description how you made cups. Did you cut 2 circles, one larger and one smaller and put them on top of each other? Pictures are not enlargeable. Thank you.
Fist cut 3″circle , for the bottom of cup. Second cut 3″ and inside 2″ circle. that thin circle strip goes on top of first 3″ circle. I hope you understood. I will video record next time.
Yes, thank you, now I understand.
Comments are closed.