1.5 hr preparation time, serves 3-4 people
This Strawberry-Pineapple Jello dessert recipe makes for a great treat for friends and family alike during those hot summer days. Even though this is low-calorie, it’s as good as any sugar filled dessert you have had.
- 300 g (10.5 oz) strawberries
- 300 g (10.5 oz) pineapple, can be replaced with bananas
- 20 g (.7 oz) gelatin
- 200 mL (2/3 cup) almond milk, can be replaced with sour cream or plain yogurt
- First, peel the outside layer of the pineapple. Chop the pineapple into pieces, making sure to remove the core of the pineapple. Place the 300 g of chopped pineapples into a blender, add 100 mL of almond milk, and blend until it is smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Pour 20 g of gelatin evenly into two different cups. Add water according to the instructions on the bag and mix until it is consistent throughout. Wait until gelatin has swelled up.
- Melt one of the cups in a microwave for about 5 minutes. Add the gelatin to the bowl with the pineapple mixture. Mix well. Now transfer the pineapple gelatin mixture into multiple serving dishes. Place the dishes in the fridge to cool for about 30 minutes, or until the jello has set.
- While you wait, wash and chop the strawberries, making sure to remove the leaves. Transfer 300 g of chopped strawberries into a clean blender. Add 100 mL of almond milk and blend until it is smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Melt the other cup of gelatin. Add the gelatin to the bowl with the strawberry mixture. Mix well.
- Once the jello from the pineapples has set, pour the strawberry gelatin mixture over the pineapple jello and let it even out. Put it back in the fridge for another 30 minutes or until the strawberry layer has set. One everything has set, serve.