15 min prep time, 20 min baking time, makes 12 pieces
These Walnut and Raisin Pinwheels are one of the most tasty and easy to make desserts. If you are having last minute guests over or you simply do not have enough time in the day, this is the perfect recipe, as it takes under 30 minutes to make! Flaky puff pastry dough wrapped around a sweet rich raisin and crunchy walnut filling. We are sure you will enjoy it!
- 1 package puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a bowl, mix the chopped walnuts, raisins, and sugar together.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough until it is flat. Sprinkle the walnut and raisin mixture over the whole surface of the dough.
- Roll the dough up fully and cut it into 1 inch wide pieces.
- Place the pieces flat side down on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg into a bowl and brush the rolls with the egg wash.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Take the walnut and raisin pinwheels out of the oven. Let it cool and serve.