1 hr cooking time, serves 4 people
Zucchini season is here! If you are looking for a great recipe to help you use up your summer zucchini, give these pancakes a try. Similar to potato pancakes, Zucchini Pancakes have less carbs and make for a perfect appetizer for dinner or as a lone breakfast dish.
- 1 lb zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- garlic salt
- 3.5 oz (100 g) flour
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Add 1 tsp of salt to the shredded zucchini and set it aside for 15 minutes. Afterward place the zucchini on a kitchen towel and squeeze the excess liquid out of the zucchini.
- In a big mixing bowl, add the shredded zucchini, shredded carrots, chopped green onions, and chopped dill. Crack the 4 eggs into the bowl and top it off with your preferred amount of salt, pepper. Mix well.
- Now add 3.5 oz of flour and corn starch to the bowl. Mix well until it turns into a thick batter. If it is more of a liquid, add a few more spoons of flour. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- In a skillet add 3 tbsp of vegetable oil. Spoon zucchini batter into the skillet and let it fry for a few minutes on each side to form into a solid pancake. For the last few minutes of each set of pancakes, cover the skillet with a lid so the pancakes cook thoroughly.
- Serve with sour cream.