10 min prep time, 35 min cooking time, serves 12 people
These Crepes are just as good as you will find at your local breakfast diner! This recipe is easy to make and very flexible, allowing you to add your favorite filling and toppings. The possibilities are endless!
Here are a few filling and topping ideas for your crepes to get you started:
- Nutella and diced strawberries
- caramel sauce and sliced bananas
- mascarpone with berry compote
- whipped cream and fresh fruit (peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- chocolate sauce
- maple syrup
- cooked minced beef
- cooked minced chicken
- chopped eggs
- red caviar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups warm milk (preferably 2%)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- toppings and fillings (optional)
- Add the eggs, milk, flour, vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt into a blender. Blend on a low setting until it’s a consistent batter. Cover the batter and wait for 30 minutes.
- Heat a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Gently stir the batter with a spoon to blend the layers of the batter.
- Brush the skillet with a small amount of vegetable oil. Then pour a 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan. Immediately lift the pan up and immediately tilt and swirl it around in a circular motion to evenly coat the entire bottom portion of pan with batter.
- Cook until the batter turns into a golden brown brown color. Use an offset spatula to lift the edge of the crepe and grab it with your fingertips. Flip the crepe over to the opposite side and cook until golden brown spots appear on the bottom.
- Transfer the crepe to a plate and repeat until all of the batter has been used up. Lower the heat slightly if needed.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and use toppings and fillings to your preferences. Serve.