prep time 15 minutes, baking time 15 minutes, serves 8 people
Need a simple and delicious dessert in 30 minutes that’s still impressive ? This easy Apple tart recipe is where it’s at! A store bought puff pastry dough bakes up to flaky, buttery perfection with a sweet, thin-sliced fresh apple topping. Brush on an honey glaze, dust with powdered sugar and anticipate all the compliments
- 5 baking apples such as Granny Smith, Honeycrisp or Braeburn
- 1 package puff pastry dough
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree.
- Roll chilled dough into a 13-by-9-inch rectangle , Cut 8 even size rectangles. Refrigerate while you prepare the apples.
- Cut apples in half through the stem. Remove stems and core them (a melon baller helps, here). Slice the apples crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Scatter lemon juice over apples to prevent browning.
- Take one dough ,place overlapping slices of the apples in the middle the tart, Brush edges of dough with egg wash. Drizzle the honey over the apple slices. Repeat with rest of remaining dough.
5.Transfer the tarts on the baking pan covered with parchment paper. Place the pan into oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes , or until the pastry is golden and apples are baked.
6.Serve warm or cold with ice cream or sprinkle with powdered sugar .