15 min prep time, 25 min baking time, makes 12 muffins
Recently I have been experimenting with flourless baked goods, making some surprisingly delicious desserts
. This Blueberry Oatmeal Muffin recipe calls for basic ingredients like oats, almond milk, and blueberries which can be found in almost any kitchen. These muffins can be made in bulk and frozen for the perfect breakfast and mid afternoon snack!
- 3.5 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsр cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
- In a large bowl, mix the rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, corn starch and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond milk, eggs, and coconut oil.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients in one large bowl, add blueberries and mix into a batter. Let it sit for 10 minutes, so the oats soften.
- Grease a muffin tin and transfer the batter evenly into each cup. Sprinkle the batter with chocolate chips.
- Place the muffin tins into the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Take the muffins out of the oven. Serve warm or cold.