15 min prep time, makes 15 pieces
This Bruschetta recipe is my go-to summer appetizer. The toasted bread adds a crunch to your bite while the juicy tomatoes, garlic, onion, and basil give off that classic Italian restaurant smell and taste. Perfect for summer parties, weeknight dinners, or even a weekend brunch.
- 1 baguette, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 5 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Place the slices of the baguette in the toaster and toast them for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, place diced tomatoes, onions, minced garlic, and chopped basil into a bowl. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and your preferred amount of salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix well.
- Take out the baguette slices from the toaster. Top them evenly with the tomato mixture and drizzle the remaining 3 tbsp of olive oil on the pieces. Serve