15 min prep time, 20 min cooking time, serves 5 people
Have you ever wanted to have a restaurant quality Italian dish right in the comfort of your home? Try this Butter Garlic Shrimp Scampi recipe. The contrasting tastes of the buttery shrimp with the zesty lemon makes for a roller coaster of a food experience, but one you won’t soon forget.
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb angel hair noodles
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 50 mL white wine
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large pan over medium heat until the butter melts. Add minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and sauté each side for 1-2 minutes per a side, or until the shrimp begins to turn pink.
- Cut the lemon in half, squeezing one half over the shrimp and cutting the other half into slices to place into the pan. Pour the wine over the shrimp and add crushed red pepper. Mix well and bring the pan to a simmer for 1-2 minutes, or until half the wine has evaporated and the shrimp is fully cooked.
- Add the chopped parsley to the pan and turn off the heat immediately.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the box. Drain the water and transfer the noodles to the pan with the shrimp.
- Mix well and serve.