30 min cooking time, serves 2 people
This chicken salad is perfect for those busy days after work when you don’t have a lot of time. Both the chicken and the bowl can be prepared ahead of time, making for healthy and fun meal for you and loved one!
- 1 oven baked chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 can of green peas
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 large flour tortilla
- lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 200°C. Take 1 chicken breast, wash it, season it with salt and pepper, and then wrap it in aluminum foil. Once oven is fully preheated, place the aluminum foil with chicken inside onto a baking pan and leave it in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Make sure the internal temperature is at least 160°F or 70°C before taking it out.
- Meanwhile, wash all of the vegetables. Cut the cucumber and red bell pepper into strips and add to a large mixing bowl. When the chicken is ready, remove the baking pan from the oven (keep oven on) and open the foil to let it cool down. Once cool, cut the chicken into strips too and add them to the bowl.
- Brush the bottom of a pie baking pan with olive oil. Take a large tortilla and line the pan with it so it takes the shape of a bowl. Place the pie pan in the still heated oven for roughly 2 minutes or until it is golden.
- Add chopped cilantro and 1/2 a can of green peas to the bowl. You can substitute parsley for the cilantro too.
- Prepare the following dressing in a small bowl: 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, and your preferred amount of salt and pepper. Whisk it all and save for later.
- Put the hard tortilla shell on a serving plate, and line the inside with washed and dried lettuce. Add the dressing to the salad and mix well. Once mixed, pour the mixture into the tortilla bowl and serve.