Prep time 25 minutes, cooking time 20 minute
These Crispy Rice paper Dumplings vegetarian and are a perfect mix between rice paper rolls and crispy dumplings, filled with a simple yet delicious mushroom , tofu and vegetable filling with a crisp outer shell and slightly chewy, flavorsome filling.
- 1 package rice paper
- 14 oz firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 cup mushrooms, cubed
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cubed
- 1/2 cup green onion , diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- sweet chili sauce
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger and garlic. Saute for a few seconds.
- Now add all the vegetables and sauté for 2 minutes. Add tofu, salt, pepper, oyster and soy sauce. Mix and cook for a minute
3. Turn off the stove and let the filling cool down.
4. Fill a shallow dish with warm water and soak the rice papers for 5 seconds or until slightly softened (they will continue to soften after taking it out of the water), and then place it onto your working surface.
5. Place about 2 tablespoons of the filling into the middle of the rice paper. Fold the top of the rice paper down, fold the left side over to the right, the right side over to the left and then bring the bottom portion of the rice paper up to seal. Repeat one more time for a double layer to ensure it does not break when cooking.
6. Heat a pan over medium heat. Add enough oil to coat the pan. Place the dumpling in the pan and cook until golden brown (you can cover the pan if you wish). Flip and cook the other side until golden brown. Remove from pan , garnish with green onion and serve with sauce of your choice while is warm and crispy