25 min prep time, serves 5 people
This flavorful, crunchy, cold green bean salad is one of our favorite ways to enjoy green beans. Made with a homemade vinaigrette, crunchy beans, fresh tomatoes, and savory olives, it is the perfect side dish for summer picnics, potlucks, barbecues, and more.
- 1.5 lbs green beans
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, cut in half
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, cut in small cubes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp black pepper
- Boil about 2 quarts of water in a pot with 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Add the green beans to the pot and cook for 3 minutes, or until the beans have started to soften. Remove the beans and place them in a bowl of ice water so they stop cooking.
- In a big bowl, add the chopped tomatoes, sliced red onions, minced garlic, green beans, and olives.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, vinegar, 1/2 tsp of salt, and pepper. Pour this dressing over the bean mixture and mix well.
- Add feta cheese cubes and serve.