15 min prep time, 30 min cooking time, serves 5 people
If you have a taste for an Asian dish that’s both easy to make and healthier than takeout, you can make Pepper Steak Stir Fry in the comfort of your own home. This dish is a combination of sautéed bell peppers, browned steak, and savory sauce with just the hint of sweetness.
- 1.5 lbs flank steak, cut 1/4 inch×2 inch strips
- Note: Sirloin would work too, and it is more affordable
- 1/2 cup green onion, cut 1 inch long
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper
- Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir steak until browned, around 3 to 4 minutes. Move the steak from the skillet to a large plate.
- Pour 2 tbsp of vegetable oil into the skillet and add the bell pepper matchsticks, chopped green onions, minced garlic, and minced ginger after. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- While you wait, whisk the soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Return the steak back to the skillet and mix it with the vegetables. Pour mixture of soy sauce and sweet chili sauce over the pepper steak and mix. Cook for 1 minute.
- Taste the food, adding salt and pepper as needed. Serve with rice.