10 minute prep time, 20 min cooking time, serves 4 people
This Quinoa, Chicken, and Avocado Salad is a great gluten free alternative to pasta salads. It’s packed with protein from quinoa and chicken, heart-healthy fats from avocado, and plenty of nutrition from the flavorful fresh vegetables. Make use of that leftover grilled chicken and spice up your salad, whether it is warm or cold. If you are vegetarian, feel free to skip the chicken without losing out on the rest of this simple and tasty salad.
- 1 lb grilled chicken breast, cut in cubes
- 3 cups quinoa
- 2 avocado, sliced
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Cook the quinoa in a pot according to the instructions on the box. After the water is at a boil, usually you cook the quinoa for about 20 minutes. Let it cool for 15 minutes while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Add the vegetable ingredient and grilled chicken cubes to the pot containing the quinoa.
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together to create the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. Serve.