15 min prep time, 1 hour roast time, serves 6 people
If you want nice dinner under 1 hour try out this Roasted Chicken and Potatoes recipe. My favorite part about this recipe is that it only takes 15 minutes to prep. You place the chicken and Yukon potatoes into an oven bag and let the oven do its magic. The final product is a tender chicken and flavorful potatoes thanks to the added spices. A simple and tasty main course dish that will satisfy both your family and guests!
- 1 medium size chicken
- 3 lbs Yukon potatoes
- 1 lb sweet peppers
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Wash the chicken thoroughly. In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, and paprika. Rub half of this spice mixture over the chicken evenly.
- Next wash the potatoes and place them into a large bowl. Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle them with the other half of the spices. Mix everything, so the potatoes are covered all over.
- Place the chicken and potatoes into an oven bag, laying the bag onto a baking sheet.
- Transfer the baking sheet into the preheated oven, and roast for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes cut open the bag. Place the peppers inside and roast for another 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and transfer the chicken, potatoes, and peppers to a plate. Serve.