prep time 10 minutes, cooing time 1 hour, serves 6 people
This Roasted stuffed Pumpkin with a delicious rice, covered it with the top of the pumpkin and roasted it to perfection. It is the perfect side dish served with roasted Turkey for Thanksgiving.
- 1 medium sized pumpkin, around 1kg in weight
- 4 cups cooked rice. I used a basmati
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cut a 3-in. circle around pumpkin stem. Remove tops and set aside. Remove strings and seeds from pumpkins; discard seeds or save for roasting.
- Heat the skillet , add few table spoons of olive oil. Add apricots and raisins and sauté foe few minutes. set it a side
- Place pumpkins in baking pan, fill with rice and dry fruit mixture. Replace pumpkin tops. cover pumpkin with foil.
5,Place pan with pumpkin into the oven and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until pumpkin is tender when pierced with a knife .