Prep time 20 minutes, baking time 40 minutes, serves 8 people
- 2 cups of water
- 1 large lemon halved
- 2 Tbsp of brown sugar 30g
- 2 Tbsp of white granulated sugar 30g
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon 3g
- 3 red apples red delicious, Pink Lady, gala, etc., sliced
- 1 Frozen puff pastry dough 453 g
- 2 oz caramel or jam of your choice
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C.
- Thinly slice the apples with a knife or mandolin slicer. Place the thin apple slices in the bowl with lemon juice and water. Heat the bowl in the microwave on high for 3 minutes. This will soften the apple slices and make them more pliable. Or you can heat them up on a stovetop in a pot. Drain the water
- Unfold a puff pastry sheet and roll it out a bit with a rolling pin until it is about 12 inches wide. Use a knife or pizza roller to cut the puff pastry into 8 2-inch wide strips.
4.Melt some caramel in a small bowl in the microwave for a few seconds. Then baste the melted caramel onto the strips of puff pastry.
5.Spread caramel onto strip of dough. Place apple slices overlapping each other on the top half of the puff pastry strip. Then fold the bottom half up over the apple slices. Then start at one end and tightly roll them up creating the apple roses.
6.Place the unbaked apple roses in a muffin pan that has been sprayed with baking spray.
7.Sprinkle with mix of cinnamon and brown sugar Bake it in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown.
8.Take out of oven and let it cool. Dust the tops with powdered sugar and serve. Enjoy!