Preparation time 20 minutes
serves 8 people
This Simple Keto Low-Carb Chicken Salad is a quick recipe that is far from boring. It’s made with juicy chicken breasts, mayo, sour cream, eggs, crunchy celery, pickles and chopped green onions. It’s packed with flavor and are really quick and easy to make, and also it keeps well in the fridge, so it can be quickly pulled out for any meal or snack.
- 4 cups cooked skinless, boneless chicken, shredded( can use leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 4 celery ribs, finely diced
- 1/3 cup finely diced dill pickles
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- chopped fresh parsley, or sliced green onions, for garnish
In a large mixing bowl combine prepared chicken, celery, pickles, eggs , salt, pepper, ; stir to combine.
Add sour cream, mayonnaise, and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
Taste for seasonings and flavors; adjust accordingly.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. (note: if you want to freeze the salad do not mix sour cream and mayonnaise because it will separate once you defrost it. Instead, I suggest to freeze the salad without the dressing. You can always dress it afterwards
- Garnish with parsley and green onions; serve.