10 min prep time, 15 min cooking time, serves 3 people
Stuffed Zucchini Boats are a keto-friendly and fun recipe that we recommend for when you want to spice up your meals with a quick appetizer. Filled with chicken, onions, cheese, and an assortment of spices, the otherwise plain zucchini is transformed into a delicious savory platter.
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 onion
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C
- In a skillet heat up the olive oil. Add the ground chicken and cook it for 20 minutes over medium high heat. Add the cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper, mixing intermittently and cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Wash and cut the zucchinis in half. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon to leave space for the filling.
- Fill out the zucchini boats with the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place the zucchinis on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and place it in the preheated oven. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the zucchinis are tender and cheese is melted.
- Take out the baking sheet from the oven and place the zucchini boats on a serving plate. You can serve them hot or cold.