prep time 15 minutes, baking time 30 minutes, serves 8 people
This Almond Lemon Blueberry cake is sugar free, keto friendly is the healthy option for people with sugar restriction intake.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon extract
- 2 tbsp erythritol
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar ( optional) to sprinkle.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a 9- or 8-inch/21-centimeter loaf pan with butter, line it with a parchment paper sling and butter the paper. Set the pan aside.
- Use a stand mixer mix 3 eggs on high speed for 2 minutes , until light, then lower speed to medium. Add sour cream , butter , erythritol , stevia , lemon juice , lemon extract and mix for 30 second
- In a separate bowl sift together baking powder and almond flour and add in three additions to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the 1/2 of batter in to loaf pan sprinkle with fresh blueberries, add another half of batter and sprinkle with rest of blueberries
6.Bake the cake for 25- 30 minutes until cake is golden brown but still uncooked. Check the cake with tooth pick if it comes out clean it is ready. Remove from oven and set aside in its pan to cool for 10 minutes before removing cake from pan and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cake is cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.