prep time 20 minutes, serves 6 people
This healthy Artichoke Salad with Chickpeas, Cucumber and other fresh vegetables, gluten free ,keto friendly, low in fat and high in protein. Quick and easy to make from easy to find ingredients from your pantry and refrigerator.
- 1 can 14 oz artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 can 14 oz chickpeas
- 1 large English cucumber , sliced half circle
- 1 cup red and yellow bell pepper, diced in 1/2 inch cubes
- 7 oz stuffed olives
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 oz goat or feta cheese
- Dressing: 3 tbsp olive oil, 1/3 tsp salt, 1/3 tsp red crushed pepper, 1/2 tsp Herbs de Provence, 1/8 tsp black pepper, juice 1/2 of fresh squeezed lemon
- First make a dressing: in a small bowl add 3 tbsp olive oil, 1/3 tsp salt, 1/3 tsp red crushed pepper, 1/2 tsp Herbs de Provence, 1/8 tsp black pepper, juice 1/2 of fresh squeezed lemon and whisk well to combine. Let sit at room temperature for flavors to blend.
2. In separate bowl combine all vegetables and half of goat cheese.
3.Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss gently to mix. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper or more olive oil if needed. Add the rest of the goat cheese and fresh parsley to the top of the salad and mix.
4.Let it sit for ½ hour in the refrigerator for flavors to combine before serving .