20 min prep time, 30 min baking time, serves 6 people
Apple Walnut Strudel is one of my favorite and easiest dessert recipes. It makes for a great Fall dessert, but you can serve it any time of the year. It’s sure to impress friends and family alike, making them come back for seconds!
- 1 pack puff pastry, thawed
- 1 can apple pie filling (20 oz)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- Roll the puff pastry dough out on flat surface. Put the apple filling down the middle of the dough, with the chopped walnuts and raisins on top of it.
- Cut strips into the sides of the dough and fold them over on top of the filling.
- Crack 1 egg into a bowl and whisk it. Brush the outside of the strudel with the egg wash.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking pan and the strudel on top of the paper. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Take the strudel out of the oven and let it cool. Serve.