prep time 20 minutes, cooking time 30 minutes, serves 8 people
These rose-shaped dumplings are perfect for any special occasion. They make a great presentation, and surprisingly is easier to make than you think.
- 1 package dumpling wrappers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 large onion for filling, grated
- 1 onion for sauce, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup plane yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- In the bowl mix ground chicken, grated onion, all the spices , and mix well.
2. Place dumpling wrapper on the flat surface, wet your finger with water, rub the right edge of a dumpling wrapper with water. Lay 3 more dumpling wrapper over the edge so that it slightly overlaps, sealing tightly.
3. Spoon filling onto the middle of row of dumpling wrapper. Wet the edges of the wrappers and fold each wrapper over from top to bottom, ensuring that the edges are still overlapped, sealing tightly. Gently roll the dumplings from right to the left, creating a rose shape. Repeat with the remaining dumpling wrappers.
4. Boil the water in the pot for dumplings . Transfer the rose dumplings on the greased dumpling steamer, and place in the pot with boiling water. Water should not touch the bottom of steamer pan. Cover with lid and steam for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile , heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in the skillet. add sliced onion and Sautee until golden and clear. Add tomato paste and Sautee for another few minutes.
6. Place steamed dumplings on the plate , add onion mixture over dumplings and serve with yogurt and garlic dressing.