prep time 10 minutes, cooking time 3 minutes
Avocado toast with poached egg is powerful breakfast packed with healthy fats, proteins and all the beneficial nutrients of avocado and egg. It can be served for breakfast , brunch or dinner.
- 1 Avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1 English muffin
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp green onion , cut
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 small red onion, sliced
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- In the skillet or small pan boil the water. Add 1 tsp white vinegar.
- Crack 2 eggs into boiled water and boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the water and place on the plate with paper towel, to get rid of excess water.
- Meanwhile spread butter on English muffins haves and toast until light golden.
- Cut Avocado in two, remove the pit . Scoop avocado with spoon and slice.
- Place toasted English muffin on the plate, top the with avocado slices. Spray avocado with lemon juice.
- Top avocado slices with sliced red onion and poached egg.
- Sprinkle with salt , pepper, salt cayenne pepper, and garnish with green onion.