30 min preparation time, serves 2 people
This beet salad recipe has the perfect balance of sweet and savory. The initial sweetness of the beets is perfectly complimented by the smallest hint of soy sauce at the end. Add to that the crunchiness of the roasted walnuts and you have both a super healthy and tasty salad!
- 1 pound beets
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds
- Peel the beets and chop them into thin strands like in the picture above, adding it to a large bowl. You can use a julienne shredder to speed this step up.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar to the bowl and mix well. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Then strain the beets to get rid of excess liquid.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar, 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of coriander, and your preferred amount of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet and sauté the chopped onions until golden. Pour hot oil and chopped onions over beets and mix it.
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped roasted walnuts and garlic. Mix well. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of roasted sesame seeds and serve.