30 min cooking time, serves 3-4 people
Spice up your family’s morning with this breakfast muffin recipe that will put regular omelettes to shame! The crispy potato exterior of these muffins hides the soft egg interior, making for a tasty and fun food experience. For a healthier version, replace butter with olive oil and forgo the cheddar cheese. Bon appétit!
- 6 eggs
- 3 large potatoes
- 4 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup of green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
- vegetable oil or cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- Start off by preheating oven to 400 degrees. Peel and shred the potatoes. Once all shredded, place onto a strainer and apply pressure to squeeze out excess liquid.
- Brush vegetable oil (or use cooking spray) into muffin tins. Mix shredded potatoes with 2 tablespoons of melted butter, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Place potato mix into the muffin tins, pressing the potatoes into the shape of a cup.
- Once oven is fully preheated, put the tin containing potato mix in for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix 6 eggs, chopped green onions, chopped turkey bacon, salt, and pepper into a bowl. You can add cheese for extra taste if you like.
- After 10-15 minutes has passed, or potatoes are starting to become golden, remove the tin from the oven and pour the egg mixture into the now hardened potato cups. Place back into the oven and bake for another 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked thoroughly. Once fully cooked, remove the tin and serve.