Prep time 15 minutes, baking time 25 minutes
This Cherry Cheese Danish recipe is so simple to make with just a few ingredients, thanks to two store-bought ingredients – puff pastry sheets and cherry pie filling.
- 1package puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C
- Mix the softened cream cheese, sugar, and extracts in a small bowl until smooth.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the puff pastry sheets slightly on a sheet of parchment paper or silicon mat
- Cut notches in the top and bottom of each one. Then make diagonal cuts toward the center of the braid leaving a 4 inch middle.
- Evenly spread the sweetened cream cheese mixture onto the center of each puff pastry.
6.Add cherry filling on top of cream cheese spread
7. Fold up the bottom of the dough, then start folding the sliced pieces, alternating right to left until they form a braid.
8.Use a small pastry brush, paint the top of the dough with an egg wash.
9. Place the Danish in to preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minute, or golden brown.