prep time 10 minutes, baking time 15 minutes
Ever wanted to make cookies as good as grandma’s? Well you can with this simple oatmeal cookie recipe. The combination of pineapple ,walnuts and cranberries make for a crunchy and sweet cookie, while the healthy oats will keep the guilt at bay. Happy eating!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 3 eggs
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp monk fruit powder (can substitute with sugar)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C
- In a bowl whisk eggs, sour cream, monk fruit, pineapple and vanilla
- In a big bowl, add the old fashioned oats, cranberries, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and baking powder
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ones, mix well into a batter and set it aside for 10 minutes.
- Use an ice cream scoop or spoon to transfer the batter to a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Flatten each scoop of batter and place the chocolate chips into them.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until light golden.
- Take out the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool. Serve with milk or tea.