20 min prep time, 1 hour cooking time, serves 6 people
If you are tired of plain old chicken, try out this Chicken Roll-Up recipe. It’s amazing how something as simple as mushroom chicken roll-up can be so packed with flavor all while being aesthetically pleasing. I used mushrooms for the stuffing, but you can use any combination of vegetables and herbs. For a meal that is sure to please your guest, this recipe couldn’t be easier. In just 1 hour you can have a warm meal that everyone will enjoy. We recommend serving the chicken roll-ups on its own, or as a main course with rice, roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a salad on the side.
- 2.5 lbs chicken breast, thinly sliced into cutlets
- 2 lbs mushrooms, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp hot chili sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Place each chicken breast flat side down in between plastic wrap or wax paper. Gently pound the chicken with the flat side of a meat mallet or use a rolling pin until the chicken is 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and cook the diced onions in it for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 4 more minutes, or until tender. Let it cool.
- Lay the chicken cutlets on a flat surface on top of parchment paper. Sprinkle both sides with salt.
- Spread the mushroom mixture from the skillet over the chicken cutlets.
- Sprinkle the top with shredded mozzarella cheese and roll up the chicken into the roll.
- Secure the roll with tooth picks so it doesn’t fall apart.
- Cover the roll with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Transfer it onto a baking pan and place the pan into the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken roll-up is baking, mix the mayonnaise and hot chili sauce in a small bowl. Once 30 minutes has passed, take the pan out of the oven and unwrap the paper or foil. Brush the outside of the chicken with the mixture. Place the pan with the paper or foil open back into the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Take the baking pan out of the oven and let it sit for 15 minutes. Cut the chicken roll-up into 1 inch thick slices.
- Serve with rice, roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a salad.