15 min prep time, 35 min baking time, serves 8 people
A classic dessert recipe that you can’t go wrong with is Chocolate Cake! This cake uses cocoa powder to give it a consistent chocolatey flavor throughout. On top of that, it stays moist for a good 4-5 days, making it a great dessert to have leftovers of. Whether you eat it plain, dust it with powdered sugar, frost with chocolate ganache, or decorate with nuts or berries, it is truly perfect!
- 3 eggs
- 100 g chocolate
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, sour cream, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk it all together until it is a smooth consistency.
- Combine the dry ingredients from the first bowl to the egg mixture in the second bowl. Mix well into a batter. Add 1/4 cup of the sliced almonds to the batter.
- Transfer the batter to a greased cake pan and place it into a preheated oven to bake for 35 minutes.
- Check the readiness of the chocolate cake with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out with no batter after poking it, remove it from the oven and let it cool for 25 minutes.
- Place the heavy cream into a separate bowl and warm it up in the microwave for 1 minute. Add the chocolate to the warm heavy cream and mix it, leaving it to melt after. For this recipe we used chocolate chips.
- Pour the chocolate and heavy cream mixture over the cake. Finish up by decorating with the remaining almond slices and strawberries.