20 min prep time, serves 6 people
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is a delicious recipe fit for a light meal or as a side dish when entertaining. This salad is very hearty and will fill you up for hours, thanks to the chickpeas. Each can of chickpeas comes packed with fiber and protein, both a vital part of a nutritious diet. I always have canned beans available in my pantry because of how affordable and convenient they are for making salads. We recommend adding your choice of fresh vegetables, either from your garden or the market, in order to create a more well rounded Mediterranean salad.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (20 oz)
- 2 cucumber, chopped
- 2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together. Alternatively you can add them to a mason jar and shake it until the until the dressing is ready to go.
- Then combine all of your salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Evenly drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- If you would like to prep this salad a few hours in advance, keep the vinaigrette dressing separate from the salad. When you’re ready to serve, add the dressing, toss the salad and enjoy!