prep time 10 minutes
cooking time 15 minutes
serves 6 people
This recipe is one of my favorite ! Ground chicken cooks so quickly with easy, homemade seasoning, and they can be made as spicy as you want them. You can garnish tacos with different toppings of your choice. They’re perfect for easy dinners during the week, and they’re healthy and clean eating friendly too!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 1 pack of tortillas ,12
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tomatoes , diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- To make taco seasoning ,in a small bowl, whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, cayenne pepper, and salt to taste (I like ½ teaspoon), (Or, substitute one packet store-bought taco seasoning).
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil add onion and cook until soft. After 2 minutes add ground chicken, and cook, stirring occasionally. Add the seasoning, stir and simmer for few minutes to combine all the flavors.
- Divide filling evenly among tortillas and serve with healthy garnishes such as shredded lettuce, diced tomato and red bell pepper, cilantro leaves, and top them with galop of sour cream. ( for topping you can use any vegetables you desire)