prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 5 people
Deviled eggs are a classic recipe and perfect for the holidays, potlucks, parties and other gatherings and can be served as a healthy snacks or appetizer. They’re easy to make, only have a handful of ingredients you already have at home and most people love them.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup freshly squeezed beet juice
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water that there’s 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs. Heat on high until water begins to boil, and cook for 7 minute. Remove from heat and place into the bowl with cold water with ice.
- Crack egg shells and carefully peel them. I want to have nice pink color, so I place them in beet juice for 15 minutes,
- Gently dry with paper towels. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter. Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and serve. You can serve them as you desire. I served them in appetizer spoons and garnished them with cucumbers.