15 min prep time, 15 min cooking time, 25 min baking time, serves 8 people
Puff pastry pockets with mushrooms spinach and feta cheese are an easy and quick savory appetizer made with frozen puff pastry dough that you can get at any local supermarket. The earthy mushrooms mix well spinach and feta cheese, making for a hearty snack!
- 1 pack of puff pastry (450 g)
- 2 lbs mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bunch spinach, chopped
- 1 egg
- 50 g feta cheese
- salt, pepper, olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/205°C.
- Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil and the chopped onion into a skillet. Sauté for a few minutes or until the onions are until onions are clear and golden.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes. Then add the chopped spinach and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Top it off with salt and pepper to your taste. Let it cool.
- Meanwhile take out puff pastry dough and let it thaw. My package had 8 squares of puff pastry dough.
- I used muffin tins to bake in. Place one square of dough into a muffin tin, add the mushroom-spinach mixture, and finish it off with 1/2 tsp of crumbled feta cheese.
Bring the corners of the dough square toward the center. Brush the top with egg wash.
- Place muffin tin in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until it is golden.
- Take the muffin tin out of the oven and serve.