30 min prep time, serves 4-5 people
Creamy Cucumber Salad is a classic recipe made from fresh cucumbers, red onions, fresh dill, and a handful of other ingredients. It serves as a healthier substitute for old-fashioned potato salad for family gatherings and potlucks, thanks to it’s lower carb count.
- 3 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh dill, minced
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place the sliced cucumbers and onions into a large bowl, adding 1/2 tsp of salt. Mix well and set it aside for 30 minutes to allow the excess liquid to leave the cucumbers.
- Drain the liquid from the cucumbers and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Add the chopped green onions and minced dill to the bowl with the cucumbers.
- In a small bowl mix the sour cream with white vinegar. Add it to the salad and mix well. Sprinkle the black pepper over the salad and serve.