prep time 1 hour
cooking time 20 minutes
serves 6 people
Grilled liver kebobs are extremely popular throughout Middle East, Mediterranean countries. It taste the best when the kebabs grilled over charcoal for authentic flavor.
These grilled beef liver kebabs are healthy, low carb, and nutrient-dense meal. Liver is high in vitamin A, folic acid, iron, and zinc.
- 2 lbs beef liver.
- 1 lb little sweet peppers
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 red onion, sliced to garnish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat grill to high.
- Rinse and cut the liver into 1 inch cubes.
- Mix the ground cumin with oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add livers and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Thread on wooden skewers ( make sure to soak them in cold water before using )
- Place the skewers on a grill basket and grill on both sides for 5 to 10 minutes or until it’s tender and slightly charred. Do not over grill them.
- At the same time thread the peppers onto skewers, brush with olive oil, place on the grill and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer liver kebobs and peppers on the serving plate, garnish with sliced red onion and lemons.
- The best sauce to serve with liver kebobs is pomegranate sauce.