prep time 15 minutes, baking time 15 minutes, 6 people
Keto Eggplant and Tomato appetizer is easy and delicious recipe that consists of roasted eggplant slices topped with tomato, garlicky mayonnaise sauce, and garnished with fresh basil.
- 2 eggplants
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- basil to garnish
- 2 oz feta cheese , crumbled
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F/200C.
- Evenly slice eggplants, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Slice tomatoes to the same size as eggplants
- Place eggplant and tomato slices on the baking sheet covered with parchment paper
- Bake eggplants for 10 minutes, or until golden. Bake tomatoes for 5 minutes
- Take out of oven and let them cool.
- Meanwhile mix mayonnaise with minced garlic.
Arrange the eggplant slices on a plate, top each one with a slice of tomato and a spoon of the garlicky mixture.
- Garnish the top layer with crumbled feta cheese and fresh basil.