- Cake mold of any shape
- 2 nori sheets
- 3 cups sushi rice, cooked
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- 12 oz smoked salmon, sliced
- 7 oz cream cheese
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Mix the cream cheese with the soy sauce until it is a smooth consistency.
- Place the cooked sushi rice into a large bowl. Mix the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt together in a bowl. Pour this mixture over the rice and mix well.
- Line the bottom of the cake mold with 1 nori sheet. Spread 1.5 cups of the mixed sushi rice evenly over the nori sheet.
- Spread all but 1 tbsp of cream cheese over the rice. Place cucumber slices over the cream cheese, and salmon slices over the cucumbers.
- Place 1 nori sheet over the salmon and spread another 1.5 cups of mixed sushi rice over the nori.
- Spread the remaining 1 tbsp of cream cheese over the rice. Sprinkle some black and white toasted sesame seeds on top and decorate the way you prefer.
- Place the sushi cake in the fridge for an hour to allow it to take on the shape of the mold.
- Remove the cake mold and cut the sushi cake into whatever size pieces you see fit. Serve.