prep time 10 minutes, cooking time 20 minutes, serves 5 people
These folded stuffed tortillas are ready to serve in less then 30 minutes. They are pan fried, and stuffed with ground beef, red bell pepper and a lot of seasonings. It perfect to serve as an appetizer or main dish at any gatherings or family dinner.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 package flour tortilla (10 )
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the ground beef. Cook while breaking up with a wooden spoon until beef is completely browned and broken into small pieces. Add diced red pepper , mix and let it cook for 2 minutes
Combine the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper , and add in to skillet with beef. Let it simmer for 3 minutes to combine all the flavors. Turn off stove and let it cool
- Take one tortilla and place 2 tbsp of beef mixture in the middle of tortilla.
4. Fold tortilla ends 5 times to the middle to cover beef filling
5. Heat the nonstick skillet , add 3 tbsp vegetable oil, and place stuffed tortillas on the skillet with openings down
6. Fry stuffed tortillas 2 minutes on each side.
7. Serve with salsa ,or with dip of your choice